21 May 2010

Coveting Capes


                       

                        
(Hanneli Mustaparta, Style sightings)
I know its summer and I know that its going to be the hottest weekend of the year this weekend, but I'm having a bit of an obsession with capes right now. Not the most typical summer item and at times when the weather is like this the thought of anything thats remotely 'wintery' makes you feel hot even at the thought. Even so I still have capes on the brain. I like the little slits for arms to poke through, a way of showing off whats underneath without having it totally on show. An opportunity to play about with wearing a contrasting colour/ fabric underneath perhaps. I'm definitely thinking that a cape is going to be the number one item on my wishlist come Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment